Open Office and Envelopes
Admittedly, this is NOT the most straightforward way to do envelopes. However, it is consistent, and therefore the method I use.
1. Open Openoffice.
2. Go to Insert/Envelope and click on the “envelope tab” — Hit “modify” or “new doc”
3. Fill in the information you need — Note:
I have found that for the return address to print correctly, you have to have a blank line at top, and then space over 5 spaces to type each line. (I didn’t say this was optimal, but I said it was consistent! This seems to work best with my old hp deskjet)
4. Now click the format size, and select envelope size. I use env. #10.
5. Now click on the “Printer Tab” and make sure you select the right most “envelope orientation. (envelope is top right).
6. Click on “Print on Top”
7. Then click on “insert” on the bottom — an envelope should now appear.
8. To print the envelope. Go to File/Print and click on “print properties”
9. Change the orientation from “portrait” to “landscape” and hit okay.
10. Then hit okay again, and the envelope should print correctly!